Friday, October 22, 2010

When is it a good time?


  So for a while now, I've said the words, "When is it a good time for my boys to start their own quiet time with the LORD"?  My boys are pretty good readers, but I've been thinking, and picturing even before they learned how to read, what their quiet time would look like...I remember doing my quiet time one morning, and Mikey (was 4 at the time) said, "Mom, can I stay here with you"?  "Well, you can if your quiet, cause Mommy is reading GODS word. "Why don't you grab your Bible, and have your own quiet time with JESUS"? "OK, Mommy"...So after we were done I asked him what the LORD showed him...He said, "Day and night" (in his cute little 4 yr. old voice)...Sooo sweet! I'll never forget that day..

So,when is it a good time? ANYTIME!!! Even though my son was not reading he can still look at pictures, and GOD can reveal Himself at any age...Remember John the Baptist leaped in his mother's womb (Luke 1:41)  I only wish I would have keep it more consistent...And here I am still thinking about it, 3 years later...

My best fab friend Rachel has a sweet son Josh who was afraid when he went to sleep...When I first met her she told me about this struggle, and up until just recently still struggled with it...Her sleep schedule was being messed with because of her new baby (of course) so on top of not getting sleep with the "bay-be", and her son, was a challenge...
One night before leaving for an early morning road trip she had the "worst night of her life", as she plainly put it....Everyone NEEDED her!!! The husband, the son, the daughter (not so much) the BAY-BEEEEE!!! They all wanted something, and all she wanted was sleep!! Soooo, what's a women to do....She took care of husband :) hee-hee, took care of daughter, took care of bay-be and last but not least handed the Bible to her son and said, "read GODS word"...And that's just what he did....Rachel checked on him after a while, she said he had a peace about him.....He said he felt the LORD touch his heart, and he didn't feel afraid...Only the words of the LORD could work such miracles..The LORD Himself meet Josh where he was at; vulnerable, humble, and desperate not to feel afraid..He put his faith in the word of GOD, and as always GOD came through..

Humbling isn't it?? Now her kids have continued that, and love spending time with the LORD before bedtime...So there it is, tonight is the night my kids will do the same...I explained what was happening tonight before bedtime and I received an exciting OK!!
Jesus said in Matthew 18:3-4 "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of Heaven.  Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of Heaven.

2 comments:

  1. So true girl! You can't start early enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! We are bringing up little disciples of Christ :)

    ReplyDelete