Saturday, October 16, 2010

What a pain in the……. bleep!


So I was determined to teach my kids some new chores today when I came home from work….I didn’t quite know how I was going to approach it because lately I haven’t had time to think and process things through (one of my things I like to do to keep me sane)….When I have time to think and process things in my mind, I feel more “put together” and not so scatter brained…So needless to say, I have not had a chance to do that....After I get home, I make up a chart for my boys to follow so they can check off  their jobs as they get done…

I start showing Mikey how to rinse the dishes off to put them into the dishwasher and then show him how to wash it if it doesn’t fit or go in the dishwasher…I found myself getting frustrated watching him, only because it was taking sooooo long…But he loved every minute of it…I’m thinking, dang, how long is it going to take you to do that, I might as well do it myself…Now it’s Matt’s turn with the laundry… I show Matt how to separate the  clothes by color and then by texture…He kind of got the texture part, but I have to go over it…I leave him with making piles of clothes on the floor to separate it all and get ready for the next part…I go back over to Mikey to check on him and he is having a grand ol’ time! “Mom, Mom, do you like how I’m doing it?
”Oh yes sweetie, Mom’s so proud of you, keep up the good work”….Mmmmm, this might work, more time for blogging…I get back over to Matt, he’s doing an awesome job…Ok, so I show him how to start the washer, put the soap in etc., etc…..He’s sooo excited to get to do all these new things, I’m surprised…At one point he yelled over to Mikey, (as if they were in a factory and it was so loud you have to yell)”how ya doin over there”…It was hilarious and a blessing….

What a pain in the bleep it is that I will have to go over all of this again, and again, and again, and again, until they really understand how it is suppose to be done, where they can be somewhat independent doing it….I sometimes think for some dumb reason, I just showed you how to do this, why can’t you just get it right the 1st time I show you!! If you know me, I’m easily frustrated, if something takes a second to do, but it takes someone 2 seconds to do it…I’m flipping out inside my head wanting to take it over, JUST TO GET IT DONE!!!.

So for me, showing my kids this step by step process, over and over, and over again takes the strength of the LORD to get me through it...
I actually have to talk myself into calming down inside, so that I don’t explode on the outside...I was thinking of how the LORD deals with me…How HE constantly is showing me over and over, step by step, again and again how I’m suppose to live my life to glorify HIM….Oh I bet every day HE shows me over and over, step by step, again and again….I’m sure sometimes I get it, and sometimes I don’t…I bet HE never gets frustrated with me or impatient…Actually, I know HE doesn’t, HE is not capable of that!!  Thank you GOD!
I praise the LORD for giving me HIS strength… When I take the time to surrender and walk in the Spirit my children can experience the love of GOD working through me…I have to be an example, for them to live the example!!

Train a child in the way he should go; and when he is old he will not turn from it…. Proverbs 22:6


3 comments:

  1. Good reminder! I need that patience and grace daily from God. So I should show my kids the same but it is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLIE! Great reminder about patience...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think they were doing it slowly just to see if you would get frustrated? lol Not that ANYONE would EVER do that to you! hahaha

    ReplyDelete