Thursday, October 21, 2010

Want it to be about you?…Listen to how!!


Before I gave my life to the LORD, it was obvious to see that life was all about Denise, and then, Denise, and then, Denise, Oh and then of course, Denise….I remember when I got married (unsaved) and my husband and I were arguing about something, and he said, “It’s not always about you, honey”…I replied loudly with, “WHY NOT!?!?  It bugged the crap out of me when he would say that…I never understood why he was so persistent about not seeing it my way…If you know my husband he has a humbling heart,  and is more of a peacemaker and not a troublemaker like me :)  Our marriage is not the kind of relationship where he would be up for a fight…He will not fight with me till this day….I would say things like, ”I’m your wife and this is the way I feel, so you should understand and accept that”…. Well he didn’t, and it got me thinking…I knew he was not “out to get me” so why doesn’t he see it my way”? I soon found out, after giving my life up for JESUS that it really is not about me, or get this, about the “feelings” that I was feeling...The enemy is very crafty…A lot of the “feelings” I was having, were for selfish reasons…Not everything I was that I was feeling, but most of them…The more I read GODS word, the more I was convicted, and still convicted that it’s not about me…The real reason for my life, is to glorify HIS name…Period end of  story…

What a transformation from that life to this…I praise GOD  when I think about the times I wasted thinking of myself and sooo many other things that doesn’t bring HIM glory…Don’t get me wrong I still think of myself, and still don't always bring HIM glory, but my life’s priority is JESUS, the Kingdom to come, and that HE made me for HIS purpose, not my own…One of the great things about this walk, is JESUS wants to know every “feeling” and detail of Denise’s life…With JESUS, I can have it all about me, me, me…I’m crazy right? To think that the Holy, Righteous, Magnificent GOD of the universe cares a bit about my life and my feelings….Oh yea, baby!! HE does…
You can’t debate me about it either, if you don’t know JESUS… So I challenge you, if you think you can prove me wrong, I would love to hear what you have to say about it….I can say without a doubt in my mind that HE cares about the way, I feel,  when my feelings get hurt, my thoughts, when I want to punch my husband, when I want to scream, my insecurities…That’s a big one for me….I could keep typing until I die with how many details of my life there is…You get the point…HE wants to spend time with me and hear what I have to say...Amazing!!

I try not to have opinions on things I have no experience in, so if your upset with me, please don’t be, contact me instead….I’ve experience being on the fence about living a life for CHRIST so I know the struggle, and what it’s like to let go of the world…When you’re on this side of the fence my friends you see the world in a whole new light…The light of JESUS that is…

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart;  I appointed you as a prophet to the nations…… Jeremiah 1:5  





1 comment: