Sunday, October 17, 2010

What a beautiful day today!


Ohhhh, how I was soooo blessed today! If I didn't have to tell you it's my birthday today I wouldn't, but I have to say it because I can't believe what an awesome day this has been...My best fab friend took me out to lunch along with my kids, she bought a birthday cake, and they all sang for me, and gosh I think over 50 people on Facebook wished me a happy birthday today....It's so amazing how you don't care about your birthday anymore at 43, but when you have loved ones around you like I do, you almost want a birthday everyday!! I love the people in my life...It was an amazing day!!
So today started with me and my awesome husband going to a different church today to hear Brian "HEAD" Welch's testimony...He has an amazing story....For those of you who don't know him he was the lead guitarist of a crazy, crazy rock band "Korn"...Ugh, they are dirty and scary and sooooo lost, it breaks my heart...You can "you tube" him and see how he came to know JESUS...It's beautiful!!  Soooo many people gave their life to the LORD after hearing his testimony today....1,600+ I heard....So, we get there and I'm blown away at how big this church is...My husband and I see someone we know that works at this church and we are excited because 5+ years ago he wasn't doing so well....When we talked to him he seemed like he was on fire for JESUS, it made me feel so good to know that when he saw us 5 years ago we loved JESUS and 5 years later, we still love JESUS, but even more....
The awesome part of this story is that yesterday this guy walked in my job to take the divorce class, and brought his new girlfriend along.....I spoke to them specifically and joked around with them (usually I just check the people in).  They both had a distinctive look about them and I felt drawn to them....There were 35 people at the seminar and for some reason I felt like I needed to pray over them....(without them knowing of course) I prayed to the LORD in hopes that they already knew HIM, and if they didn’t, that they would get to know HIM…..
Then I'm walking out of this church at the end of the service, and I see this couple that I meet the day before from my job walking in....I practically ripped the girls arm off and said, "Hey, how are you do you remember me?"  The boyfriend put his hand out immediately to shake my hand, and said, “Yes”!  I said, "I'm Denise, it's so good to see you again, are you guys here to listen to Brian's testimony? "Wow", are you guys saved?! Crickets came across the room for a moment….I followed up with, "Welp, maybe after you hear his story you will get saved, you guys take care, it was good to see you"!....The girlfriend said, "I hope we see you again"!!  Really??!! I can't believe I was just praying for this couple, and then to see them at the same time, across town, in this huge church that has 3 main entry's…..It’s  so GOD!! 

The power of prayer my friends is amazing…I often have struggled with it because, well, GOD knows everything, right?… JESUS prayed all the time, and tells us to pray all the time, so I do just because  that is what my SAVIOR wants me to do…You never know what JESUS will do with your prayer….The Bible says, Pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17)

And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints…. Ephesians 6:18 

 

2 comments:

  1. Ok peeps, my fabulous, smart friend Kim told me my story was a bit confusing...I changed it to make more sense, but if you don't want to read it all...The guy that took the divorce class was getting a divorce and the girl was his new girlfriend....:)

    ReplyDelete