Tuesday, December 7, 2010

His mind over my matter….


We did it…I’m sure most of you have heard…If you didn’t, I’ll remind you…
WE RAN A ½ MARATHON BABY (2 HRS. 30 MIN)!!!!
I’m finally recovering from it…My legs are still sore, but overall I’m back to normal…
It’s been a joyful experience I must say…It all started back in February when I slowly stopped working out with Rachel, well because she was having a bay-be!! That’s a pretty good reason, dont'cha think :)  Poor girl tried to work out till up until she delivered…Ha! Since I am not at all motivated to work out on my own, because I’m LAME, I started to run with Kim…She’s been a runner all her life…I have never ran…I smoked for 25 years, and quit about 4 years ago…I remember when we started, up this dumb hill that I still hate…It wasn’t but 20 seconds into our run, and I thought I was going to throw up my lungs…
Running outside was completely different than running on the treadmill…It was probably one of the hardest workouts I have ever tried…But, all in all, the end result was completing the  ½ marathon…Bada-bing!!
So we had these cool shirts made by none other than myself…Ha!  They were those professional kind, you know, iron-on lettering…Ha!  The shirts read, “Worthy is the Lamb” and under that “King JESUS”…Ever since we decided to do this ½ marathon I knew I wanted that on the back of my shirt…I mean, who better to run for than our Father in Heaven…Kim on the other hand was so excited to have her “I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me”  Philippians 4:13…And so, what did I hand her, “Worthy is the Lamb-King JESUS”, just like the one I made for myself…I was so bummed when she reminded me that she wanted Philippians 4:13, but there was nothing I could do… :(
She graciously accepted it...There is a point to all of this shirt making…We get there, and there’ssss, ohhhh, about 30,000 runners!! It was insane...The gun went off at 7:00am to start off the race, and by the time we got to the start line, it was 7:45am…Crazy!

We’re running, we’re running, we’re dodging people, we’re jumping over paper cups, hopping over clothing, people yelling, distractions everywhere…It definitely pumped us up at times, but after a while I just wanted desperately to be in the LORD presence…I had my music on trying to enter the Throne room, as I usually do when I run, but it seemed impossible this time…When we were training, and not running with 30,000 people, it was a precious moment for me to feel the LORDS presence…I was looking forward to it for the race, but it didn’t last as long as I wanted it too...I do know that the LORD was with us because before we started the race, 2 ladies in front of us had these more professional shirts on that read, Yep, you guessed it…Philippians 4:13!!  Kim and I cracked up and told the ladies the story about our shirts…Around mile 9 we started to get tired…Every time we felt weak, here came the ladies with the Philippians 4:13 shirts trotting along…What a sweet blessing from the LORD…It was like we got a kick start again, and remembered who we were running for…

People say this running stuff is really mind over matter…You can convince yourself that you can’t do it, and you probably won’t…Or you can convince yourself that you can, and hope you do…I say… It’s HIS mind over my matter…HE cares about every detail of our lives, and makes it HIS matter to tend with...Thank you JESUS for pulling us through...
For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."  Hebrews 13:5

2 comments: