Friday, October 25, 2013

Giving thanks from the depths of my soul........


Yes, friends the depths of my soul...I'm screaming from the inside out and outside in with praise, honor and glory, yet it's still not enough...I look at my sweet little girl everyday and I can't believe she is ours, FOREVAAAAAA!!!


I learned so much, I've grown so much, I've cried so much and I surrendered much!!! Isn't that just the CHRIST walk, and more...I am grateful for this testimony I get to share with people...I know GOD intended for me, and us as a family, to share it, and the funny thing is, the thought of giving up the anguish and sorrow I endured, is not a question in my mind....I'm sure at the time I would have wanted it to, "just go away", but looking back and seeing all that GOD has done through me, and others, for that matter, was worth it and more...


I'm almost finished with a bible study by Anne Graham Lotz on the book of Revelation...In today's reading she described what John was seeing, which was Heaven...

John got to see his heavenly home and what a thrill it must have been when he realized all of his work and witness for CHRIST on earth, for which he has been beaten, imprisoned, and now exiled, had been stored up for him him in heaven as a glorious treasure!!!  She continued with describing the beauty of the earth, that we have grown to love, and all of the beauty we see was created by our Creator...And with that, the Creator is the same Creator who has prepared our heavenly home...How glorious will that be....


I guess my whole point is, no matter what circumstances the LORD has for you, the Hope to come is more glorious than anything you may endure...It took a great trial in my life to realize I'm not in control of this situation, and to look to JESUS for the Hope to come, which is Heaven....Only then, when I finally surrendered the trial HE allowed in my life, was I living abundant...As I read in the Anne Graham Lotz study what an abundant life is, it confirmed to me all that she listed, is all that I want to be in this life for CHRIST...


Here is what she wrote in reference to an "Abundant Life", and what Rev. 22:1 means when it states,  "And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb." 

The river symbolized the eternal blessing of God.  And it flows from the throne.  The source of all blessing has been, is, and forever will be the throne, or the authority of God and the lordship of JESUS CHRIST! Abundant Life, rich blessing, deep satisfaction, permanent peace, all come from having a right relationship to the throne.  That will be true in heaven, and that is true today.

-When JESUS CHRIST is in full 
   authority in your life....
-When you have completely 
  surrendered yourself to Him....
-When His will is your will....
-When you deeply desire what He 
 wants more than what you want....
(that is a tough one for me)
-When you deny yourself, take up 
  your cross daily, and follow Him....
-When you live in a right 
  relationship to the throne....

THAT'S when the river flows & the Abundant Life is experienced!!!!

So, as I continue this journey the LORD has set before me, I rejoice in knowing when I fall short, to get back up and continue to chase after the Hope to come...So friends, look to JESUS who is, who was and who is to come...









2 comments: