Sunday, January 6, 2013

Project 52-2013 (week 1)

Oh me, Oh my, I'm in love...With a new lens that is...As you know I don't know much about anything...HA! I do know what I like...I ordered close-up filters...It's a cheap way to take macro shots...The only thing I know about the word "macro" is it means, close-up shots...That's it, that's all I know...These filters are a cheap way to attach to your lens to get closer shots...There AMAZING!!! You get 4 filters in a pack for about $11, cheap, huh?  I ran outside today and took these shots so that you can see how they work...

When I bought the filters I thought I was buying them for my 50mm f1.8 lens...When I tried to attach the filters they didn't fit...I pulled out my 18mm-55mm lens and they fit and I'm in love...I can't believe how close I can physically get to an object...I probably wouldn't buy a macro lens any time soon because I don't know how much closer I could possibly get...I can't get that close to an object with my 50mm f1.8...I don't quite understand all of this stuff...I did find out if I want filters for my 50mm lens, I have to buy 52mm close-up filters instead of what I bought (58mm)...I also don't understand how my 18mm-55mm with a f5.6 aperture being the lowest f-stop can get closer than my 50mm f1.8...It's all information I would like to know and don't...Any help would be appreciated...

I know these are not the sharpest, but it was getting dark and so I had to put my shutter on a low speed...These are also SOOC!





 

7 comments:

  1. Those are awesome! Nice shots and thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!!! Pretty cool how the close up filter can do.<>Kathy<>

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, I really liked your blog. Awesome!!<>Crazy Kathy<>

    ReplyDelete
  4. nothing like getting a new toy...have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are fun filters... I have them. The big difference between them and a macro lens is that the filters tend to warp the sides of the shot. But I love playing with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool! I have those but have never been successful with them. I have another attachment that I use quite a bit though & I never tire of the details that I can get when I am shooting macros. Always fun!

    ReplyDelete