Saturday, August 6, 2011

I have had many victories because HE had them first!

Hmmm, just sitting here at work with nothing to do…I love when that happens…I’m able to tune out for a few minutes and thought I would try to write about what the LORD has been doing in my personal life,  other than the million other blessings HE pours out on me…I will say this…With all the busyness going on in my life with fixing our new home, preparing for home school, preparing to pack my old home and work, I still have the void of taking care of babies…I don’t need a break from taking care of babies and I miss having them around…My husband thought it smart to hold off after Damia went back home July 19th…Since all this new house stuff going on and a major trial (that I can’t mention) happening in our lives he said to hold off…I didn’t like but, he was so right…Now though, things have been moving into our normal and I’m ready again…I’m going to ask him today if we can take some babies home :) I can pack a box and feed a bottle because “I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me (Phillipians 4:13) I love that verse…I’ve had many victories because HE has had them first…Praise JESUS!
I was sitting with a friend last night and we were sharing all the opportunities the LORD gives us to minister to strangers, and to the broken people in our world…What a privilege?! My friend just got out of prison, and is now in a half way house till October… Apparently, it’s worse than the prison she came from…Sad really…She shares with me the constant spiritual warfare going on around her…Seriously, like demon stuff…I asked her if she was scared, she said a little, but she presses on because the Bible says, “for when I am weak, I am strong” (2 Corinthians 12:10)…Gosh, it’s so true…Praise JESUS!!!!!!

I was thinking back to this past year alone…I’ve had amazing opportunities to minister to people, strangers, broken people…I’ve put myself in positions where I think most people would say, I am nuts!!! But really when I think back to those situations I remember NEVER having a feeling of fear upon me…I think in those moments of being in what people would say “danger” , that it’s not me approaching strangers or the broken, but that it’s actually CHRIST in me that is presented to them…

My recent adventure,  was driving back from my run with Lisa, (another BFF-I’ll post a picture of her, along with my other 2 BFF’S) waiting at the light ready to pass my new house…I see this couple-a man, a woman with a dog…This woman is literally in the middle of the street, looking distraught and weary…I’m at this light, waiting like a race car driver for it to turn green so that I can find out what the heck she is doing in the middle of the street crying to this man….I pull up like a bat outta ____, roll down the window and say,

ME: “What is going on? Are you OK?

THEM: “Jes, we are homeless coming back from my brothers house and she        is very hot and tired (she is sitting on the curb of a main road at this point).  I told her the store is very close and to keep moving.”  (It’s about 100 degrees).

ME:  “Sell, that dog man, and get some money for what you need?”
ME:  “Well, do you want me to buy you something, food/water?”

THEM: “OK, thank you, maybe a ride to the store?”

ME: “Um, NO! I mean yes, I mean, get in”. (He seen me hesitate on the ride)

THEM:  “It’s ok you don’t have to”.

ME:  “No, get in right now!” (They get in-him in front, her in back)
ME:  (My husband calls-I tell him to stay on the phone with me because I just picked up 2 complete strangers) I say to them, “If you do anything stupid, I will crash my car in this brick wall, I promise you…I’m not afraid to die, because I will be with JESUS in a blink of an eye, and I don’t know where you will be, but I am not afraid”!!

(What am I nuts!!!)

THEM:  “No, we thank you so much, we won’t do anything stupid”.

ME:  I continue to drive not even a ½ mile talking to them about JESUS, asking them if HE is their SAVIOR…

THEM:  They say, “Jes”…

ME:  (I said in a firm, stern voice) CLING TO HIM!! Ask HIM…Talk to HIM…Rely on HIM…Breath HIM, you need to”.  

ME:  We get to the convenient store “Can I pray with you”?

THEM: “Jes, please”…

After the power of the Holy Spirit working through me was finished praying, I opened my eyes and looked first into the eyes of this strange man balling his eyes out crying like a baby thanking me…I look in the back, she is balling her eyes out…Then I start crying begging them to let me do something for them…Asking them what do they need and how can I help more…They kept thanking me and thanking me and said we will be ok…They got out of my van and went on their way….Who were they? Are they the ones in scripture the Bible talks about   "Don't forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it". (Hebrews 13:2)

Seriously, I was in awe all day that day, at the privilege, the opportunity, and the chance to be used by our Mighty, Powerful, Wonderful, Loving KING!!!!


1 comment:

  1. God uses you because you are available to be used! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete