Tuesday, August 9, 2011

365:213-215

It's finally here!! Structure, consistency, routine...I can smell the aroma of Peace...During the summer months things can get, well, out of whack!! By the end of summer I long for school to be back in session...As I prepared my boys for what was to come "MONDAY" they graciously asked if I could make them an end of summer cake...Chocolate glaze cake..."SURE kids"...It didn't taste good to me at all, but hey loved it...That's all that matters...Right? Right? :)

So Monday came and we didn't do what I call "full blown school"...Really just reviewing...Since we will be moving into our new home in a few weeks I didn't want to start my precious routine and then have it broken again...Plus, everything is all over the place...We had an awesome school day and the biggest blessing of it all was to see them excited about not doing the same things they did everyday in the summer...They were reading, looking at magazines, drawing, and researching the Lego mini-figures Series 5...Never once did they find interest in X-BOX...Well at least up until 7pm they didn't...HA!

4 comments:

  1. Love the pictures of your boys and the fresh school supplies! Could almost smell the crayons. I'm holding on to and squeezing out every last bit of summer here. Give me another couple of weeks and I'll be there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness they're in school already!! Hope they learn a lot & have fun this school year!! Just passing by to say hello my dear friend! ;) xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cake sounds good. I understand about loving routine. I can't believe you are moving in just a couple of weeks. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh school! It seems so far off for me! What a cute idea to make a cake! I might need to do that! Great pictures...
    I am gonna miss you.....

    ReplyDelete