Wednesday, April 27, 2011

365-113

I've been doing this bible study on my own, a little to long (Which means, I need to be in my quiet time more). Anyway, the bible study is called, "Managing Your Moods"...Pretty fitting for me, if you know me...It's really been helping me lately with, yes, you guessed it, managing my moods...Ha! GOD has also used this study to open my eyes about who we are as humans, and our hearts (Yuck)...The chapter I'm on is called, "The Doldrums"...Mary Graham used an analogy of how much she loves plants...She said if she doesn't spritz, dust, and fertilize the plants, the plants can get along okay without...BUT, if she forgets to water it, it just shrivels up and dies....The end...That is why most of her plants are philodendrons...What is philodendron you ask? I had to look it up myself...It's pretty much a plant that is virtually indestructible...She said they even bounce back if you forget to water them for a week or so...

Here is what I loved most about my quiet time today...She writes....

Sometimes, I think my heart is like a philodendron, because I don't always take good care of it.  It gets dusty with disuse, and I forget to feed it...Worse, I withhold it from GOD,  and it suffers time of drought.  But whenever I come to my senses and return to the LORD my heart is soaked in living water and revives!!!

HE'S always waiting to pour HIMSELF out no matter how long we take...What an awesome GOD!!

"For I will pour out water to quench your thirst and to irrigate your parched fields.  And I will pour out my Spirit on your descendants, and my blessing on your children".....Isaiah 44:3 

3 comments:

  1. That's Awesome! Good Word my friend! Praise God for His grace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! Awesome time with Jesus! He fills us up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Denise! I finally got caught up on your blog... What a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete