Monday, November 1, 2010

Was there anymore I could do?

For the past several weeks I’ve been directing a skit at my church for our Harvest 2010 Festival…I don’t know exactly how I got into this “directing” thing, but it seems to be a trend for me…I’ve so far directed 3 skits and I must say, it’s a blessing…Being able to watch GODS Word come alive in a skit is really intense…Plus, me being so dramatic makes it exciting, you know, being from New York and everything…

I’m the typical New York, Italian, Christian, Director yelling demands at my crew in my New York accent with my hands going all over the place…It’s very comical…So, the song we used for the skit is “Revelation Song” by Kari Jobe…One of my favorite worship songs… The way it goes is, the song is playing and the teens do a drama that goes along with it…We did the skit at both of the Sunday services,  and what a blessing it was to see people in tears…That right there friends, is the work of the Holy Spirit tugging on people’s hearts…We also performed it 5x during Harvest Festival , and I was told by several people it really touched them…Thanks be to the LORD for giving me all, I mean all, the ideas for this skit…The 2 skits before this one were copies that the crew and I have seen on youtube.com…These skits are not from our church, but have performed it at our church… 

Here are the links if you want to check it out…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w39vErgIMM

My pastor told me while directing last years skit (2009) he wants me to direct an “original” skit for the year coming (2010), and not to copy a skit…I remember thinking “Uh, yea, I don’t do that..." I copy, and then direct it…That’s all I know how to do…Welp, little do I know that the LORD had other plans…While we were still performing the 2009 skit, the LORD showed me what the 2010 skit would be, and all the scenes along with it…It was so, so good…I praise the LORD for working all the details out, picking out the cast & crew, getting the timing down perfect and bringing all the people to see it…

Last year during the harvest we did the “Set me free” skit…After the skit was over I would make my way over to the door and ask people what they thought of it…This one guy I asked “Johnny” said, “I’m an atheist, I don’t believe in GOD”….WHAT?!?! Of course, I want to find out why, so I start to talk to him…In a nutshell, he just doesn’t want to believe and doesn't see a reason for it…I told him I would pray he would come to know JESUS…He said, “Oh OK.” I did just that, for a week…When I am done witnessing to an unbeliever I will pray for them for a week, sometimes on my knees…I always wish I could see what they are doing in the time I’m praying for them…Anyway, I thought that would be the last time I see “Johnny”…You guessed it, I SEEN HIM AGAIN AT THE HARVEST LAST NIGHT!!!! I almost jumped him…Here we are again, in the same situation…Harvest, skit, me, Johnny, JESUS…I walked up to him, and he has those crazy satanic contacts in his eyes for his costume…It was like talking to one of satan’s partners or maybe satan, who knows…I didn’t care, I was on fire! I wanted to know if he remembered me…He did! I told him I have another skit for him to see and he said, "OK, I’ll come and see it, but I have to get my kids their candy." I told the crew to hold off because I wanted to wait till he came in to see it…"He’s taking to long!!!"  Dang it!! The skit had to start…I couldn’t have 40 people waiting… I told him there’s one more performance left before Harvest ends,  and he said he would come to it…I asked him if he has given his life to JESUS CHRIST yet and he said “No”…I asked him what he was waiting for, and he told me that he’s been thinking about doing it…I almost fainted right there…The atheist is THINKING about JESUS…Oh, my gosh!!! I’m dying “ova hare…” I said that’s so awesome, and told him what JESUS did for him, and what JESUS can continue to do for him…I asked him if he was to die today where he would go…Johnny told me “hell”…”Does that concern you, I say”…“No”, says Johnny (Take a knife and stab me right now my heart is breaking) “Johnny, you don’t know what your saying”, if you haven’t read the bible then you don’t know what the bible says about hell, because if you did, you would not want to go there…" He proceeded to tell me he drinks 2 bottles of whiskey a day, and that he kind of feels like he’s dying inside… "YOU ARE", I said…That poison from satan, physically & spiritually…Well, long story longer, he let me give him a bible, he let me pray over him, and he saw the last skit of the night…I turned around after the skit was over, and he was gone…Oh, how I long for "Johnny" to put his trust in JESUS...
Again, I will pray for Johnny, please do the same…


For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.     1 Corinthians 1:17 

9 comments:

  1. yes, girl..... how long? keep praying...oh, a btw, we did 6 skits... you forgot because you were outside with number 1! but this co-director was there for you...
    forgot to mention that your number 2 friend was the co-director! I guess it is kinda a like me telling peeps that I ran 7 miles without mentioning you. OOOPS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and I was the one who told PJ that you wanted to help with the skit for El Salvador... remember? because you mentioned to me that you liked the skit?Z!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, friends...I guess I just assume you all know my girl Kim and when it comes to church stuff, we're a team...
    She's the real director, though...Always keeping it real and keeping me in check...Without her and her husband, there would be no skit..Praise JESUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I am sitting here in tears reading this. I will join you, my sister, in praying for "Johnny". Let's send the hounds of Heaven after him to nip at his heels everywhere he turns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, did I tell you that I LOVE YOU GIRL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Thank you for sharing! I hope you have a recording of the skit your church did this year. I would SO love to see it! Johnny was so brutally honest. He must be SO CLOSE to surrendering to Jesus! Which, as we know, means some heavy spiritual warfare will be going on and continuing for a bit. I'm committing to lifting him and his family in prayer....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so love the person you have become and so proud to call you my friend....xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. That 'Cathy' chick is me Nee-Cee, youe BFF Diane from NY. Its an a account I made up when I was going thru the big 'D'... xoxo
    Dont know how else to comment on your blogs....

    ReplyDelete