Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pride again?


Sorry, I know I said I would blog post every week, but this time of year is busy…

I’ve probably talked about pride before…But since the LORD has shown me AGAIN about pride and how much HE hates it, I thought I would share…I’ve been reading about the prophet Habbakuk…I like saying his name, like how a Hebrew would talk…Habakkuk…Ha!   Well, in my bible study it talks about how Habbakuk had the job of being the prophet that wrote from a “low place” in the history of Israel…I don’t know much about the history of Israel, but I am learning...It mentioned that Habakkuk struggled with what GOD was preparing to do to the Israelites for their disobedience…Again!  Gosh, I can’t imagine how many times GOD has  prepared  and will prepare to show me my disobedience…OH, praise GOD for HIS grace, He’s so gentle with me!!  Habakkuk struggled with how GOD was going to discipline HIS people…The study was also stating that the hardest part of our walk with GOD, is failing to understand what HE is doing, much less why HE is doing it…

Habakkuk complained to the LORD in chapter 1 knowing how Sovereign GOD is, but still asked him when HE would do something about HIS people…The LORD replied saying, Look around at the nations; look and be amazed!! For I am doing something in your own day, something you wouldn’t believe even if someone told you about it.” Habakkuk 1:5
After I read that, I was so in awe thinking about how and what GOD is preparing to do in my life… Even when I am in the midst of my busy life GOD is at work for me…Yay!  Habakkuk complained again to the LORD, AFTER HEARING FROM THE LORD!!! He complained to the Holy GOD, and referred to GOD as the “HOLY ONE” and who is eternal… Is Habakkuk a nut job or what for complaining? (Oh, wait I do that too…Ha! ) GOD graciously replied again…You can read it for yourself in Habakkuk...The study was showing me even though I  know GOD is Sovereign, Holy, Righteous, Perfect, and more, I still question HIS motives, reasons, and intentions for my life…Why?  Because I don’t trust HIM with every part of my life…I say I do, I want to, I try to, I convince myself to, but really I don’t trust IN HIM enough because I am prideful!! Yipes!!

I hate being prideful…Every single thing revolves itself around pride…Think about it…No matter what situation your in it’s always PRIDE that messes things up!! I looked "pride" in the dictionary and you know what it said?  Pride:  A high or inordinate opinion of one's own dignity, importance, merit, or superiority, whether as cherished in the mind or as displayed in bearing, conduct, etc. Ugh, I’ll vomit…Especially the underlined part, “cherished in the mind”…Try looking up the different words for pride in the thesaurus…
That’s just as bad, and I see why GOD hates it so much…Well, I wanted to share all of that with you because as I evaluate myself I see how prideful I really am…And a lot!! When I “think” I had a moment of humility, it’s still my pride…“Pllllease save me from this body of death!!!” And thank you JESUS for pouring your grace over and over and over…Every day, every day, every day…Please don’t stop!!
The LORD detests all the proud of heart….Be sure of this: They will not go unpunished… Proverbs 16:5 

No comments:

Post a Comment