Saturday, March 2, 2013

Ouch, Ouch, Ouch!

Yep, I did a 12K today...That is 7.45645 miles!!! Gotta get those extra inches in there...Every inch counts in my book...What a crazy run...There's that "little" Beauty I run with...She never stinking sweats, it's ridiculous! When we are done with our runs, I look like a tomato face and she looks like she's ready to walk the runway....Whateverrrrrr!!! Did I mention she is only 16? HA! I say "little" because after looking at these pictures of myself, (there was more than what you see here), I cannot believe what I look like...I couldn't believe what I looked like at the race, running with these butt lifted women, let alone the photos of me...

 

You think I go out 3x a week and do cardio, I'd be a fit 45 year old, but I am by no means fit...I'm definitely healthy, but fit...NO WAY!! Not after seeing these pictures...My gosh!!! I think that's what I needed to motivate me to think twice about grabbing a handful of Redvines, Whoppers, Snickers, Reeses, etc. that my husband brings home for me...I look in the pantry for a healthy snack and get tripped up, by that yummy stuff ;0


Speaking of tripped up...I got tripped up by that race today...I'm feeling soooo good going into mile 2.5, I'm approaching the Throne room of GRACE, and bam!!!!! Hills, hills, and more hills...I remember doing this trail as a hike and remember some steep hills, but jogging it...Oh my goshhhhhhhh!!! It was a nightmare... First, we are going down these steep hills, I'm already getting discouraged because when we turn around we have to get up these steep hills...So, for 1.5 miles we were up and down...It was hard because I didn't train for hills...So my legs are now sore and I still have 3 miles to go!!! We did finish, but I didn't feel like I finished strong, I was exhausted!! And, I still am even typing this...My boys were happy no school today! HA!

(OH and the Beauty won 1st place for her age group)

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I dunno, Denise. I think you look maaavelous! I admire you for getting out there and doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! Will you knock it off! You are talking about my best friend...
    You have come a long way baby. Remember when you first started running? You couldn't breath! Now look at you girl. The only problem with this race is that I was not there with you two! YOU ROCK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like some run! Great job!

    ReplyDelete