Monday, January 24, 2011

What does it mean to be washed? Oh, let me tell you..

There are many of you that know of me as the one who will proclaim the name of JESUS CHRIST in the streets of Vegas…Yes, this is me…I physically have done it and love it…Need to get back on it…It probably seems strange to hear me talk about my past because that is such a different person, and it doesn’t fit my new profile…Quite frankly, sometimes talking about it seems as if it was another person that did all those wicked, dirty, down-right unholy things…Oh right, it was a different person…Praise JESUS!!

At times I do look back and think, “Wow” I can’t believe you saved ME!  You actually changed me, transformed me,  and helped me to repent of all those wicked, dirty, down-right unholy things…I used to love my life….I hate those things now…It’s just amazing to me…JESUS CHRIST can change ANYONE!!!  Don’t ever let me hear you say, “That person will never change.”  That is a lie from the devil himself…

You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived.  But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.  Colossians 3:7-10

There are many of you that DO know me from my past…Whew…Sorry about that…Sorry for everything I did, everything I said, and everything that I WAS…Gosh, if I could go back in time, I would…The thing with people from your past is sometimes, they just don’t forgive…I have a few like that…But,  you have to remember one thing…JESUS does forgive…And he did for me and will for you…It doesn’t matter how many times people throw your past in your face, you can be washed with HIS precious, precious blood…And really it only matters what HE thinks anyway…The great thing for me about my past is, all that wicked, dirty, down-right unholy stuff I did…I am now unashamed…Really I am…Why? How can that be? Because I want HIM to be glorified in me!! I don’t hold back…I will tell you every dirty detail of my life, because I have met my Creator, and HE poured, scrubbed, washed and cleaned me as white as snow, that I shine with HIS glory on me!!  Praise, Honor and Glory to my King JESUS!!

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!   2 Corinthians 5:17

2 comments:

  1. You are a diamond now and used to be dirty coal. God can change and has changed you from the inside out. I am so glad to call you my sister.
    What a transformation in such a few short years. It is all about sitting at the feet of Jesus.... it is evident that you do.
    God is Good! Praise Jesus! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! So glad to see you blogging! You have such a wonderful testimony!! I love to see how God is changing your heart for His glory!!

    ReplyDelete