Sunday, January 2, 2011

A Finale to my lasting impressions of 2010…And your part 4!


Upon my arrival at the woman's facility, along with my friends we got to work…All the food was brought in and set up like clock work…It seemed to simple…But we were ready to go for the first shift of people for the 6AM breakfast…We set everything up like a buffet style... All they had to do, was grab what they wanted, and eat…There was really nothing that needed to be done after that …Yet the desires of our hearts knowing we could stay to talk to them was a sweet blessing the LORD set up for us… Now that I think about it, how awesome is the LORD in how HE orchestrated the details of this breakfast, just amazes me!!!  If we were doing a more intricate breakfast, we might not have had the opportunities we did to talk to these ladies about JESUS….”Wow LORD, I just realized that detail…THANKS!

Even though at times we were only able to hand them something as simple as danish in a package, hand out a banana or a bowl of cereal, it seemed to bless some of them…I think just to see our smiling faces, and saying “Merry Christmas, JESUS loves you” seemed to bring a sparkle in some of their eyes….Honestly, some of them were just down right rude…
Expecting to be served and wanting whatever we had to offer…The “Merry Christmas and the JESUS loves you”, didn’t seem to penetrate the brokenness in their hearts…But to us, we were all the more ready to express our love to them…Actually, JESUS’ love…I would of walked out, if I remained in the flesh…But the Spirit of GOD was in that facility that day, and HE was working through us…PRIVILEGE!

At one point, one of my friends went to ask, “Big Momma,” we called her, if she needed help with anything…Nooo, she was not overweight, just a real tall big boned girl…Big Momma wanted no help, and let my friend know it…She didn’t need anything from anyone and all she wanted, was to be left ALONE!! As she walked through everyone to get to her table, it seemed like scene in a movie…Like when the bully comes walking through the cafeteria…If something, or someone was in her way…Big Momma didn’t move out of their way, they moved out of hers… A few moments pass, and my friend was back over again, talking to Big Momma…I actually got a little nervous for my friend… My friend is this meek, quiet spirited woman, that didn’t seem to be nervous at all…I thought I was going to have to get New York on Big Momma, but JESUS had my friends back instead…As my friend prayed over Big Momma, Big Momma continued to eat her bagel… My friend whispered in her ear, and Big Momma shook her head in agreement…After a little while Big Momma came over to our “buffet assembly line” and apologized for being rude to us…She said she is having a really hard time getting on her feet, and is having trouble getting her 2 older kids back…She looked as if she felt hopeless, helpless, sad, worried, and most of all alone!! After we all laid hands on her and prayed in the power of the Holy Spirit, we watched the LORD JESUS lifted the yoke of oppression off of her, and she wept…We wept…MIRACLE!!

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”  Matthew 11:28-30
  

No comments:

Post a Comment